Browse Items (15 total)

  • Tags: Walking Tour

An undergraduate dorm room from Albert Hall, formerly known as Keane Hall, which was demolished in 1970.

Cardinal Gibbons blessed the foundation stone of the Shrine on September 23, 1920 with over 10,000 people gathered to watch. However, after completion of the Crypt Church in 1926, construction halted until 1953 due to the Great Depression and World…

This shows the crypt before its completion, with mechanical engineering students working.

MullenLibraryConstruction_nd resize.JPG
In 1901 CUA’s second Rector, Thomas Conaty, was well aware that the University needed a separate library building. Construction of the library would not start until the 1920’s, with the first phase being completed in 1928. All phases of the…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2