View of Caldwell Hall, the University's first new construction. When the University first opened, the campus community patronized the chapel in Caldwell, pictured on the right-hand side of this photograph.
The photograph has been labelled to indicate which buildings were erected during Shahan's rectorship. However, the Salve Regina office building erected in 1920 is out of the frame. Note that the crypt level of the National Shrine is incomplete.