The Completed Library – Heart of the University
The completed John K. Mullen of Denver Memorial Library functioned not only as a study center, but as a gathering place as well. As explained in a 1989 Tower article, many students spent weeknights socializing in the first floor reading room, while the more serious students could be found studying on the second floor. As Rev. Dr. Peter Guilday foresaw at the laying of the cornerstone in 1925, the building has become a vital center for university life. Today, the John K. Mullen of Denver Memorial Library continues to serve the university community and the surrounding Washington D.C. neighborhoods.