The first building to be erected as part of the CUA campus was Caldwell Hall. On May 24, 1888 the cornerstone was laid for this building, known then as Divinity Hall. The building was completed in 1889, and would eventually house scholars such as Fr. John A. Ryan and Msgr. George Higgins.
“Caldwell Hall,” Digital Exhibits, accessed December 8, 2023, https://cuexhibits.wrlc.org/items/show/611.