Middleton House

Files

8inchKeanePaulistCollege_1896.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Middleton House

Description

On the grassy hill between McMahon Hall and the Pryzbyla Center is where in 1803 Samuel Harrison Smith and his wife Margaret Bayard Smith built a manor house that would later serve as one of CUA’s early campus buildings. The Smith property, later known as the Middleton Estate, was purchased by the bishops for the purpose of building the University in the 1886.

Date

1896

Citation

“Middleton House,” Digital Exhibits, accessed September 29, 2022, https://cuexhibits.wrlc.org/items/show/615.

Geolocation